I am fairly new to the oatmeal scene, but I have kind of fallen in love with steel cut oats. They are healthy, high in fiber and protein therefore they fill you up and keep you going longer. Which is great for someone like me who finds myself more often than not wanting to eat lunch at 10:45 am. 🙂 Whenever I eat this oatmeal I can actually make it to a more acceptable meal time!
This oatmeal is like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast except this is actually good for you and won’t leave you with a sugar crash 30 minutes later. It’s creamy and basically taste like a fall explosion in your mouth. I mean who doesn’t like dessert for breakfast!
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp of organic canned pumpkin pie
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Add 3 cups of water to a pot and boil.
- Once boiling add oats and salt, cover pot and turn down to low.
- Stir Occasionally
- After 30 minutes and most of the water has been absorbed take the pot off the heat.
- Add coconut sugar, pumpkin pie, and vanilla.
- Stir everything together and then Enjoy!
- You could also top your oatmeal with chocolate chips or extra cinnamon!
- If you like your oatmeal extra creamy you could use milk instead of water.
What’s your favorite homemade oatmeal recipe? Steel cut oats or the traditional rolled oats? Favorite flavor? Let’s talk about it in the comments.