Over the last 6 months I have come to realize how delicious and versatile lentils are. They make such a good companion for so many dishes. From salads to more savory dishes like this Pasta recipe. I cannot tell you how amazing this smelled while it was cooking. I am already planning when to make this dish again.
- 12 ounces gluten free pasta (I like brown rice pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped turkey bacon
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 14-ounce can lentils, drained
- 1 28-ounce can whole plum tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 8 basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for topping
- Kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook as the label directs; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, then add the tomatoes, 2 cups water, the basil and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Increase the heat to medium high and bring the sauce to a boil; cook 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the sauce.
- Season with salt and toss.
This recipe was adapted from The Food Network
If you eat Gluten free pasta what is your favorite kind? I ‘ve had both corn and brown rice pasta and I like the brown rice pasta alot more than the corn.