Hi guys! It’s been awhile since I have shared a recipe. This one is just in time for all this crazy cold weather we are having!
This one is a “new to me” recipe. I’ve had this recipe in my stack to try, which by the way has gotten seriously out of hand, for awhile now. There are just too many enticing recipes out there. This Curried Sweet Potato Soup was so easy to make and absolutely delicious. It won over my husband and that is not an easy thing to do! It is Lindsay’s recipe from The Lean Green Bean. I stuck with her recipe except that I did not have any leeks so I used 1/2 onion instead. Also her recipe calls for celery but doesn’t say how much so I used 2 large stalks, I added that into the recipe below. There is just enough spice in the soup to add warmth and depth. OMG so good, I plan on making another pot of it this week. I also garnished a couple bowls of mine with some bacon but it taste great either way. Enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 leeks
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 ½ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Qt veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Plain yogurt and cilantro to garnish (optional)
1) In stock pot melt butter, add leeks, ginger and celery. Cook til wilted.
2) Add sweet potatoes, curry and veggie broth.
3) Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
4) Puree the soup in batches in blender. Or use an immersion blender. Add cayenne pepper and garnishes if desired.