I know, I know it’s not November anymore and everyone has probably moved on to Gingerbread and Peppermint…..but if you still have a can of pumpkin hanging out in your pantry then you are going to want to make this bread! First off let me say that I have made many different versions of pumpkin bread and I have several favorites…. but this has moved up to the #1 position! Actually it is my entire family’s favorite! I have made it a ridiculously embarrassing number of times over the last few weeks. In fact, after I finish writing this I’m going to see if there’s any left…. need my choco-pumpkin fix. Please don’t judge me 🙂
The thing about this pumpkin bread is that it really doesn’t taste anything like pumpkin. If pumpkin wasn’t in the name you wouldn’t know it had any in it. It is basically an amazing Chocolately Bread and the pumpkin just gives the right amount of moistness to this bread. Seriously guys, trust me and go make this right now!
This bread is basically a chocolate lovers dream come true. It’s breakfast, a snack, dessert all rolled in to one lovely package! And honestly the ingredient list is not too bad…so you can actually feel good about eating it!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8x4 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together yogurt, pumpkin, coconut oil and coconut milk until combined.
- Add eggs, and whisk until incorporated.
- Stir in sugars until well combined.
- Add flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It's okay if it has some melted chocolate on it, but it shouldn't have any crumbs.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes.