Cinnamon, Chocolate, Chia, Banana, these are a few of my favorite things! But seriously they are and these muffins have it all!
They are perfect for breakfast, snacking or anytime you feel the need for something awesome! Gluten free does not have to mean dry and flat, these muffins are moist and incredibly fluffy! Bonus they are also dairy free.
I love to have muffins around to snack on when I am craving something sweet. I usually bake up enough so that I can throw a few in the freezer and then just thaw one out when the craving strikes. Also they are a huge hit with my girls. They are always asking me to make them!
An added bonus is that these muffins contain chia seeds. I love these little seeds. You can add them to anything and they don’t change the taste at all. They are healthy, kid friendly and a superfood! They are one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids, they also contain fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Hello, these little wonder seeds are a no brainer!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- 4 bananas
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of Truvia baking blend
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (reserve a few of these to sprinkle on top)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ cup of dairy free chocolate (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mills Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup of Bob’s Red Mills Brown Rice Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice 4 very ripe bananas into chunks. Put them in a large bowl and mash the bananas. Stir in the canola oil. Crack the egg into a small bowl. Beat the egg with a fork. Add the egg, truvia, and vanilla to the banana mixture. Stir in the xanthan gum, cinnamon, chia seeds, baking soda and the salt. Mix in the flour and the chocolate then pour it into the muffin cups. Bake for 18-19 minutes. Enjoy!!
What is your muffin of choice? I have alot of favorite muffins but the one thing it must have is chocolate!