Is anyone else as excited about Fall as I am?? I cannot wait for the leaves to change and to feel the crisp cool air! Not to mention all the delicious pumpkin recipes!!! I’ve recently discovered coconut flour and have started baking with it like crazy around here.
I’m honestly sad that it took me so long to try it. It is such a great option if you are looking for a healthy, delicious, grain free (gluten free) baking option. If you have never baked with coconut flour then I urge you to try this recipe, it will truly open your eyes to how easy it is to bake with out using wheat or other grains.
I always look forward to this time of year so I can bake pumpkin breads, cookies, muffins etc…. and this is the first time I’m doing it using coconut flour. These muffins came out great. Pumpkin + Chocolate is the best combination. The texture is so fluffy and perfect.
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (I like to use organic, I feel that it taste so much better)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together wet ingredients in a bowl: pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop batter into 6 silicone baking cups
- Bake for 28-30 minutes
- If you like your muffins a little more moist use 1/4 cup coconut flour, if not use 1/3 cup. I used closer to 1/3 and they were perfect!
What’s your favorite Fall recipe?
Have you tried baking with coconut flour?