There are always certain foods that I associate with different times of the year. As soon as the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays come along I think of all things dipped in chocolate. I have several favorites, and they are all very simple to make and taste delicious (more about the others in a later post :)). Sometimes I like to get the kids involved other times I like to turn on some Christmas music, unwind, and dip ALL. THE. THINGS. in CHOCOLATE! Oreo’s have always been one of my favorite cookies and these truffles are like biting into a little piece of heaven! All you need is 3 ingredients and about 30 minutes and you have the perfect holiday treat for parties, school, or to devour yourself.
- 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos
- 4 oz of cream cheese (softened)
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Finely chop the entire package of Oreos in a food processor; reserve a little of the crushed Oreo to sprinkle on top of the truffles.
- In a bowl mash the softened cream cheese with the Oreos. (Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty!)
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate using a double boiler.
- Dip the balls in the chocolate. Completely cover.
- Set them back on the parchment paper and garnish with the extra crushed Oreos before they harden.
- Let the chocolate set. I like to place them in the freezer for a few minutes because I want to eat them as soon as possible! Refrigerate and Enjoy!
And if you are like us you might want to make a double batch because these little things disappear quickly! Between the 4 of us these don’t last long… which makes me think why do I always wait to this time of the year to make them!?