This list of foods may not be the first foods that you think of when you think of healthy, glowing skin, but they pack a powerful punch! Give them a try and see for yourself.
1. Turmeric – It not only makes tasty curries but it is great for your skin. It helps to reduce irritation to the skin and prevent skin damage. Turmeric has the ability to fight free radicals and is an excellent antioxidant. Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin that gives it the dark yellow color and may help to prevent or treat cancer.
I recommend Indus Organic Turmeric (Curcumin)
2. Ginger – Ginger is turmeric’s cousin. It is an excellent antioxidant and is great at reducing inflammation. Make a ginger tea, and let it improve your skin from the inside out. It cleans the toxins out of your system and improves blood circulation. It also improves skin tone and helps with getting rid of blemishes. Add a little zing to your day!
3. Salmon – Salmon is one of the foods richest in Omega 3 fatty acids, which are healthy fats that nourish the skin by reducing the body’s production of inflammatory substances and decreasing clogged pores.
4. Green Tea – It contains a high concentration of polyphenols, which is a type of powerful antioxidant.. Polyphenols fight free radicals, the compounds responsible for altering cells and damaging DNA. Applying green tea topically can even reduce skin damage. If you are not sipping water then try adding several cups of green tea a day into your diet!
5. Avocados – Not only are avocados delicious they are packed with vitamins and nutrients. You can find vitamin B, K, C, and E in this wonderful fruit. The B vitamins help your body’s metabolism and its maintenance of a healthy skin tone. In addition to eating avocados there are many face mask recipes using the fruit. Avocados are great moisturizers, so if you want a glow try eating a couple of avocados a week or try a facial mask!
So if you are looking to improve your skins look and texture try adding some of these delicious foods into your diet.