These rolls are fresh and loaded with flavor and veggies! You will not be able to eat just one, I promise! Bonus: these rolls are very healthy and will fit almost any kind of diet. They are gluten free and vegan. This recipe is also great for anyone on an elimination diet.
I know we are in the middle of winter but that doesn’t mean it’s not the perfect time to eat something fresh and light. These rolls are so versatile. I love to use basil in mine, but they would also be great with fresh mint or cilantro. You could switch out the veggies, play around and make it to your particular taste.
These came together very quickly. It’s a good idea to have all your veggies chopped up before you get started putting your rolls together. I find it works best to put all your fillings together in the middle of the wrap and then roll it up tight like a burrito. The rice paper is very flexible just make sure you do not get it too soft or it will rip when you try to roll it together, but if you follow the directions according to the package it will work great!
Soy is off limits to me but I have found I love Coconut Aminos even more and it is the main ingredient for the sauce to dip these delectable rolls in.
- 2 carrots (shaved with a vegetable peeler)
- 2 cucumbers (sliced thinly)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- handful of fresh basil
- 2 green onion tops
- thin rice noodles
- 10 Vietnamese spring roll rice wrappers
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of chopped ginger
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos
- 1 green onion top
- Begin by chopping all the vegetables.
- Then cook the rice noodles according to the directions on the package.
- When the rice noodles are done get a bowl of warm water to prepare the rice wrappers.
- Dip the wrappers into the warm water until they begin to get soft. You want them soft but still a little firm because they will soften up as you are working with them,
- Lay the wrapper out flat on a cutting board and put all your veggies, basil and the rice noodles in the middle of the wrapper. Roll them up like you would a burrito. You can fold them ends in or leave them open. Be sure that you do not stack the completed rolls as they will stick together.
- To make the sauce you will need a small sauce pan. Combine all the ingredients and gently cook for about 5 minutes and you are done!
- If you have left over rolls you can wrap them each individually in saran wrap and store in the refrigerator up to two days.