Hi guys! How’s everyones week been? It’s been a busy one for us. I’ve been taking down Halloween decor and getting it all put away. Lily had her last couple of cheer games this week, and Jim and I have been in the kitchen cooking up all kind of delicious creations for the blog. With the weather being cooler it makes being in the kitchen baking and cooking even more fun than usual! This weekend we have some fun things planned. A Pecan Festival in a neighboring town Saturday morning and then Saturday evening we have a Fall Festival at mine and Jim’s old high school. Well actually it was also my elementary school too. There have been so many wonderful memories there. It was a Magnet School and sadly it was shut down several years back due to budgeting. The school has been turned into a community center and the community puts on a wonderful Fall Festival, just like the ones I remember going to while I was in school. It’s is fun taking our girls back there and sharing stories with them!
Now on to the things making me happy this week!
1. Honey Crisp Apples – I love almost any kind of apple as long as it is firm and crisp with just the right about of sweet vs. tartness and oh my goodness I think the Honey Crisp Apple crop has been extra delicious this year! I have been enjoying one almost everyday as an afternoon snack.
2. Yellow Flicker Beat – On mine and Jim’s 1 hour and 45 minute drive back from Jacksonville the other night I listened to this song non stop! Obsessed much….yeah that’s me! Oh and is anyone else excited about Mockingjay coming out later this month!?!
3. I reserve my pancake eating for Sunday mornings after I finish my long run! Currently I am in love with these from Immaculate Baking Company. Their Organic Pancake and Waffle Mix is delicious. I follow the directions on the box, where it calls for milk I use coconut milk. I love to top mine with a little ginger syrup!
4. Last month my goal was to run 100 miles, I ended the month at 102 miles. It was challenging but fun, just enough to keep me on my toes. No slacking! This month I plan to do the same.
5. and please tell me that I am not the only one that this happens too! 🙂
Tell me 2 things you have planned this weekend??