I stumbled upon this delicious recipe for Quinoa Fruit Salad on Pinterest and decided to try it out. It is amazing! It makes a great side dish or snack. It would even be good to eat for breakfast.
You can add whatever fruit you like or have on hand. I love mangos, so I knew I had to add those. Also added blueberries and strawberries.
Here is the recipe.
(Thanks to twopeasandtheirpod.com)
Yield: Serves 6-as a side dish
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Quinoa with blueberries, strawberries, mango, and a refreshing honey lime dressing. This easy and healthy Quinoa Fruit Salad goes well with any summer meal.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
For the Honey Lime Dressing:
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
For the fruit:
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mango
- Extra chopped mint, for garnish-optional
1. Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
2. To make the Honey Lime Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, and mint together until combined.
3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries, and mango. Pour honey lime dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined. Garnish with additional mint, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Note: Use your favorite fruit in this salad. Blackberries, peaches, kiwi, raspberries, pineapple, grapes, etc. are great options!