What do you do when you have an extra bunch of super ripe bananas sitting around…you make banana bread of course! My 2 girls request banana bread all the time so I have played around with making it lots of ways. This one is definitely a keeper. It is delicious, dense but still fluffy and moist and just sweet enough. Perfect for a quick breakfast in the morning or an afternoon snack when you get the munchies.
I love using coconut oil with this recipe and the coconut palm sugar is a healthier alternative to brown or white sugar.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
A delicious dense, moist, and perfectly sweet banana bread. Made with healthy ingredients!
Write a review
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chip (I use Enjoy Life) (reserve some for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mash bananas
- Add oil
- Whisk egg in a separate bowl, then add to bananas.
- Add sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt to bowl.
- Then add flour and chocolate chips.
- Stir until incorporated.
- Pour into loaf pan and top with reserved chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Saved by the Kale https://savedbythekale.com/